Friday, December 16, 2011

Lexi is here and well 10 months old already

Where did the time go? It feels like I just gave birth to my little girl only she's 10 months old... WTF!!! I cannot believe how time is flying and how I'm surviving everyday. Let's just say it has been one hell of a year and I rarely recall it all. There's a cloud over me as I sit and ponder where the 10 months went. Well let's map it out...

Month 1: gave birth to a 9lb 11oz girl and in the process through my hip and pelvis out of alignment. Let's just say that that fucking sucked! Not only could I not walk I couldn't even get out of the hospital bed without screaming. On top of that my little one was in the NICU because of extremely low blood sugars so I wasn't able to see her till the day after her birth. Working that hard to deliver her and then not being able to hold, feed, and cuddle her was very upsetting. I was an emotional wreak and I needed my baby!!!! After 3 days of convincing doctors that something was wrong with me they figured it out. Well hell I hope so because you stupid ass doctors get paid the big bucks geez!!!! After some physical therapy I was actually able to walk to see my daughter. Though the pain was still pretty bad :( your core really is a huge part of your movement and when it's fucked up so are you.

Well after 4 days in the hospital I was discharged and Lexi was not. She was still being monitored in the NICU. The thought that I had to leave her broke my heart and all I could do was cry... I was there every minute I could be feeding and loving her but I was still recovering too and needed a lot of rest it was hard on me. Coming home without a baby sucks... It's like opening a cracker jacks box and not getting a toy. All that work and no glorious satisfaction of a cute baby to hold. Well I didn't have to wait long she was home 5 days after her birth but it felt like an eternity!

With Lexi home I felt complete and had my family intact. That made me feel better. We did nothing but love her and cuddle her because she didn't get that much in the NICU. She even had difficulty sleeping in the dark because the NICU was always lit (they never turned out the lights). That was an interesting transition. Hubby wasn't fond of sleeping with the lights on.

Month 2: the colic month from hell!!!! Or so we thought! Lexi was miserable always crying and writhing in pain after her feedings. She would cry from about noon to about 10 o clock at night every day. It was horrible and draining. Something was not right??? We never had this problem with our son so we took her to see her pediatrician. Well we found out that Lexi was allergic to milk based formulas and were advised to switch to soy formula. I kid you not after about 3 days of just soy formula Lexi was happy and smiley all the time. Month 3-6: pretty uneventful. Just a happy baby girl all around and growing like a weed! Month 7-8: croup rears its ugly head and we have to take Lexi to ER because her breathing is so bad. Not a good ER experience and we spend the better part of the morning at the Peds office doing nebulizer breathing treatments and administering steroids. Poor baby girl she wasn't a happy camper that day. The croup finally goes away! Took both kids to California to visit family so they could meet Lexi and see Thomas again. I have the best little travelers! Lexi slept the whole time and Thomas was just excited to be flying because he LOVES airplanes/jets. He got to meet the pilots and even went into the cop pits. He had a blast!!! Month 9: Not a great month for miss Lexi :( croup again and then a UTI. She was so sick I was worried because she had a temp of 103 for 6 days straight! Not a very fun week for her or us. Finally was able to get her meds and she got better thank goodness. Although watching your kiddo get a catheter is not fun at all. Those baby blue eyes looking at you intently saying make them stop was heart wrenching. But she is better now and back to her happy self. Month 10: well not quite, Xmas eve she will be 10 months. Shes still growing like a weed and eating us out of house and home :) LOL!!!! She loves to eat! We plan to have a very easy going Xmas. Staying home this year and just enjoying our family. I will post pictures after the holidays!!! Merry Christmas and Happy New Years!!!! The Beckers.

No comments:

Post a Comment